About the Chorale
The Sacred Music Chorale is a community choir composed of singers from all over Seattle and the Puget Sound region, representing many different beliefs, a broad selection of musical talents, and a diverse array of backgrounds.
What brings us together is an intense desire to join our voices together to sing the amazingly rich choral repertoire of the Christian Church.
Mark Adrian earned his M.A. in Music and D.M.A. Certificate in Choral Conducting at the University of Washington. He comes to the Chorale with nearly thirty years experience conducting outstanding choral groups in the Pacific Northwest, including Choral Sounds Northwest, which he co-founded, and the Cantaré Vocal Ensemble. He works closely with many other choral groups as they present major works by such composers as Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, and Verdi. Mark currently serves as music director at St. Catherine of Siena Church in Seattle. Additionally, he adjudicates at music competitions and festivals, gives private lessons, composes, and arranges music.
Thelma Strand has been the accompanist for the Sacred Music Chorale since its inception. A native of Seattle, she earned a degree in music at Bethel College, St. Paul, MN. She is currently assistant organist at University Presbyterian Church, Seattle.
- Mark Adrian, Artistic Director
- Aaron Giles, General Manager
- Lynn Yerrick, Board Chair
- Barbara Erickson, Board Vice Chair
- Judy Davis, Board Secretary
- Laurie Larkin, Board Treasurer
- Dave Broweleit, Board At Large
- Richard Kovak, Board At Large
- Valerie Lawrence, Board At Large
- Julee Jackson, Concert Manager
- Leola Ross, Endowment Manager
- Katie Larson, Financial Manager
- Sharon Conner, Marketing Manager
- Aaron Giles, Web Manager
- Barbara Erickson, Soprano Section Lead